Entry to mid-level laborer, capable of performing assigned duties and tasks as directed to effectively lay out, prepare, and complete activities associated with the carpentry, concrete, masonry, steel erection, and any other jobs that may be scheduled. Skill experience may vary. May need direction to perform more advanced skills. Able to work with a crew on the construction of projects located outdoors and inside buildings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be proficient with mechanical tools for maintenance of equipment , operate PBC owned equipment and complete all maintenance records on time.
- Full knowledge and ability to operate basic measuring devices to measure, level, mark, shape and cut to specifications construction materials using hand tools and machines or power saws.
- Full knowledge and ability to operate basic tools such as screw guns, drills, impacts, screw drivers, hammers, grinders, etc.
- Basic knowledge and ability to operate the following heavy equipment; boom lifts, scissor lifts, and fork lifts.
- Loan and unload materials as directed; carry out planned site preparation for large equipment (backhoe, etc.); be able to supply crew with requested materials in an orderly, safe and timely manner.
- Be alble to direct traffic, public and subcontractors to the required areas; be able to maintain the site following the site-specific plan.
- Maintain site organization, site clean-up, maintain barriers and fences; safely remove snow.
- Be able to provide basic rough and finished carpentry skills with the desire to continually improve such skills.
- Be able to retain knowledge learned on each project and have the ability to apply learned techniques to future projects.
- Project a positibe image at all times with customers, vendors, subcontractors, visitors and fellow employees.
- Be aware of, understand and follow the PBC safety cuture, particularly the use of hardhats, safety glasses, ear plugs, dust masks, reflective clothing, and assigned harnesses.
- Participate in all company sponsored training and meetings as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent
A full job description will be provided upon interview or by request.
- Type: Full Time
- Wage: Based on experience